Monday, March 25, 2013

Spring Picnic

Spring is coming.  In celebration, the kids and I decided to have lunch outside.

I miss making lunches and decided to try again.

We had some chickpea sandwiches, carrots with Green Goddess dressing, and orange slices.  We had cantaloupe water for refreshment.  The sun was warm, the breeze was a little nippy, but it was refreshing all the same.


I love having something more than peanut butter and honey.  Faye loved it too, but Keith, not so much.  He is starting to get a little picky about food.  He wouldn't touch the sandwich, which is a shame because it is one of my favorites.  Just chickpeas (from the can) mashed up.  I generally use a fork because it makes it smoother and creamier than a food processor, oddly enough.  Mix it with a bit of mayo, salt and pepper and you are good to go.  Slap it onto two slices of bread, a little spinach, and everything is delicious.

No comments: