Thursday, October 4, 2012

Week 8 Day 4

So when I am in a hurry, I completely forget to take pictures.  Which is why making the lunch the night before would be a good idea.  Except when said lunch gets all slimy and bleeds through the bread, and makes the bread soggy... which is why I often think of making lunches the night before, but never actually do it.  And then I forget to take pictures because I am worrying about getting the kids both ready for school, fed breakfast, their lunches made, and us out the door on time.

Today, I tried out the new tupperware thing I bought.  On one side it held tightly a sandwich, on the other there are 2 compartments for snacks.  I also bought one that was divided into two compartments.  This way, Keith can have four sides or less.  I don't have to worry about using up baggies, and it keeps his lunch box cleaner.  Albeit bulky.

Today, he had his cucumber sandwich.  He was so excited!  I got a few slices of french bread, spread some cream cheese on them, sliced up a cucumber and placed the slices on the cream cheesed bread.  I sprinkled a little salt on top of the cucumbers.  That is it.  They are open faced sandwiches.
I also gave him some apple slices and peanut butter, a kiwi strawberry fruit leather, some carrots, a celery stick and a broccoli head.  He found some cookies that he and I made the night before, and put that in his lunch.

He loved it.  He ate everything.  Er, nearly everything.  The vegetables were only slightly eaten, and Faye finished them off as soon as we got back into the van.  Loving that the novelty helps him eat better.

No comments: