Thursday, August 30, 2012

Week 2, Fail. Next week is the real deal

This week has been a little crazy.  Monday I packed some leftovers for Jeffrey.

Two weeks ago I had bought a bunch of "make at your desk" meals for Jeffrey for the days when I was running late and didn't get anything made for him.

Tuesday he had a "make at your desk" meal.  Poor boy.

Wednesday I again packed some leftovers from dinner, but due to some paperwork that needed to be signed and processed, he met me at Taco Bell for lunch.  Not the healthiest or even the tastiest, but when in a pinch we sometimes have to make due.

Thursday (today) his work is having another barbecue, so I again didn't have to make anything.

Friday is his day off, so nothing to make tomorrow, either.  I have to say, it has been an awfully easy week!

Easy or not, the real thing starts next Tuesday.  Keith will be back in school, and I will have to be making him a lunch every day.  So, I am sitting at my computer preparing my menu so I can compile a grocery list and get started.  I am nervous, which is funny, because it is just home lunch.  But the school made such a big deal about him not having home lunch, that I worry they will find something lacking.  I don't know.  At any rate, I am hoping that everything goes well, and that he actually likes bringing his lunch from home.  I don't want to put lots of treats in his lunch, but I do want to include a treat now and again (really I want to do it every day, just something small) so he will prefer the home lunch over school lunch.  But I don't want to risk not being allowed to provide him with lunch, so am hoping my creative capabilities will suffice.

When I get my menu figured out, I will post it.

Happy lunching!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

This is not a fail. Any effort is a good effort. Small steps, sweet pea. Small steps.