Sunday, September 16, 2012

Week 4


This week I had hoped to do a little better.  Sadly, not a ton of luck there.
It was a bit of a chaotic week.  I had a bridal shower to plan, and only had a week to do it in.

Monday, I woke up early, went to the gym, stopped by the store and picked up some provisions for the week.  I went home, and made what I thought was an incredibly delicious lunch.

I made a pesto wrap, included some edemame, a pear, and a small container of apple crisp.
To make the pesto wrap, I spread some pesto on a tortilla, sprinkled some mozzarella cheese on top, added a few spinach leaves, and sliced a tomato and spread it on the tortilla before rolling the thing up.  I added an apple crisp, pear, and carrot to the bunch.  He ate the apple crisp.  That was it.  I was very disappointed.  When he got home, I ate the pesto wrap and it was delicious!  The boy doesn't know what he was missing!

Tuesday I got a pita pocket, and filled it with a chickpea spread.  I opened a can of garbanzo beans, drained it, and threw it in the blender.  When it came out, I mixed some mayo in with it, and added a bit of salt.  Delicious!  With his lunch, I added a carrot, a bag of spinach, and some blueberries.  He ate the whole thing.  Why did he eat the pita pocket and not the pesto wrap?!

Wednesday, I was running late.  I had a hard time getting the kids ready and out the door, and consequently, didn't have time to make lunch for Keith.  I took Faye to school, her first day, and when it was over, rushed to my mother's house, and threw together a lunch.  Peanut butter and honey sandwich.  I also gave him some broccoli tops (his favorite), a banana, some vanilla wafers, and grape juice.  It was a big hit!  Made me happy.  At least he is eating some of my lunches, right?

And then Thursday came.

It was the biggest fight in the world to get Keith out the door for school.  He seriously cried and screamed, and voluntarily went to bed on his own.  Because I told him he had a choice.  School or bed.  Because the only reason to not go to school is because you are sick.  I finally convinced him to go to school.  But only because he was going to pretend to be Calvin from Calvin and Hobbs.  He took his stuffed Iron Man in his back pack, as Hobbs, and there was no room in his backpack for a lunch bag.

He helped me make his lunch.

He wanted peanut butter and honey again.  With a cheese stick, an apple, and some nuts.

He ate all of it, and for some reason, pretending to be Calvin did the trick.

Again, I am hoping now that all this stress is gone, that I can do better with his lunches.  Here comes next week!  Yee-haw!  (check that enthusiasm)

No comments: